Last modified: 2020-06-20 by ivan sache
Keywords: organized industrial zones |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The notion of establishing Organized Industrial Zones dates back to 1960s. Indeed, the industrial sector was identified as the pioneering sector at that time and the devised economic policies concentrated on realizing long-term goals within a stable economy. This climate led to establishment of the first Organized Industrial Zone (Organize Sanayi Bölgesi - OSB) in Bursa Province in 1962 with the World Bank’s loan.
Principally engineered to eradicate unplanned urbanization in the industrial zones and ongoing environmental problems; with rapid development in the global markets, Organized Industrial Zones have become investor-friendly venues for foreign investors and local actors whereby they can benefit from a pre-installed infrastructure and public structures, i.e. water source, power plants, IT network and natural gas.
Organized Industrial Zones are regulated by Law No. 4,563. There exist six types of Organized Industrial Zones:
- Organized Industrial Zones that are established without lending support from the Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology, (the Ministry);
- Private Organized Industrial Zones, established on an immovable of natural or private legal persons;
- Mixed Organized Industrial Zones, comprised of corporations from numerous areas of business;
- Specialized Organized Industrial Zones, comprised of corporations that operate in the same sector or in its sub-sector;
- Reclamation Organized Industrial Zones, established in areas where the industrial facilities are unmethodically located in a specific place for a long time;
- Agriculture Organized Industrial Zones, operated by the Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Livestock.
[Güzeloğlu Attorneys at Law]
Ivan Sache, 8 November 2019
Flag of OSTİM - Image by Ivan Sache, 20 April 2020
Founded in 1967 in Ankara by Cevat Dündar, OSTİM includes 6,200 enterprises and more than 60,000 employees operating in 17 sectors and 139 business lines. OSTİM was granted the status of Organized Industrial Zone in 1998.
The flag of OSTİM (photo) is white with the organization's logo.Ivan Sache, 20 April 2020
OSTİM Technical University
Flag and table flag of OSTİM Technical University - Images by Tomislav Šipek, 19 April 2020
OSTİM Technical University (website), self-styled "the University of Industry", was established in 2017 in Ankara by the OSTİM Education, Research, Development, Enhancement and Solidarity Foundation; the OSTİM Foundation was established in 1993 by the OSTİM Organized Industrial Region.
OSTİM Technical University is composed of the Faculties of Architecture, Engineering, and Economic and Administrative Sciences.
The flag of OSTİM Technical University (photo, photo, photo, photo) is white with the university's logo.
Ivan Sache & Tomislav Šipek, 19 April 2020