Last modified: 2019-01-13 by ivan sache
Keywords: albillos |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Albillos - Image from the Escudos y Banderas de la Provincia de Burgos website, 1 January 2014
The municipality of Albillos (217 inhabitants in 2010; 1,236 ha; municipal website) is located 15 km of Burgos.
Albillos was founded earlier than year 1000 as part of the defence
line protecting the castle and town of Burgos.
Albillos was mentioned for the first time, as Abliellos, on a donation made on 13 May 994 by Ermegildo and Gota Lélez to Falconi, abbot of the San Pedro de Cardeña monastery. On 1 October 1045, Dame Apalla transferred her family monastery located in Aluiellos to Gómez, abbot of the San Pedro de Cardeña monastery; the donation was celebrated in a big religious and social event, to which knights, abbots and three bishops were invited. Gómez rewarded Dame Apalla with a mule "really worth the value of 200 sueldos.
Ivan Sache, 17 March 2011
The flag of Albillos is prescribed by a Decree adopted on 11 March 1999 by the Burgos Provincial Government, signed on 30 March 1999 by the President of the Government, and published on 13 April 1999 in the official gazette of Castilla y León, No. 68, p. 3,990 (text).
The flag is described as follows:
Flag: Four-colored. Three horizontal stripes of equal height (1/3). First, vert or green; second, or or yellow; third, gules or red. A wavy blue stripe of 1/10 running from the upper right corner to the lower left corner of the flag. In the middle is placed the municipal coat of arms.
The Royal Academy of History found the proposed flag "perfectly
acceptable", the coat of arms excepted. The Academy noted that the
minor modifications to the proposed coat of arms suggested on 1 May
1999 had not been all implemented. The waves in the base of the shield
should have been replaced by a single fess wavy covering the whole
base. The implementation of the modifications is a prerequisite for
the definitive approval of the flag.
[Boletín de la Real Academia de la Historia, 2001, 198: 3, 564].
The coat of arms of Albillos is prescribed by a Decree adopted on 14 May 19989 by the Burgos Provincial Government, signed on 1 June 1998 by the President of the Government, and published on 10 June 1998 in the official gazette of Castilla y León, No. 108 (text).
The coat of arms is described as follows:
Coat of arms: Per pale, 1. Or two elms vert terraced, 2. Gules a tower [or] masoned sable port and windows azure. Grafted in base, argent two waves azure. The shield surmounted by a Royal crown.
Ivan Sache, 9 February 2015