Last modified: 2021-08-26 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 04 July 2014
Colegio Santa Teresa de Jesús was established in 1934 in Fontibón (Bogotá) by
seven nuns from the Capuchin Tertiary Sisters of the Holy Family, Margarita de
Jericó, Maria Rosa de Santo Domingo, Emilia de Urrao, Felicidad de Concepción,
Trinidad de Yarumal, Cecilia de Yarumal and Catalina Carmona.
The flag of the institute is vertically divided blue-white. Blue is a symbol of science while white is a symbol of virtue.
Ivan Sache, 04 July 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 4 August 2018
The flag of IE Santa Teresita, located in Arauca (Arauca Department) is
horizontally divided yellow-white-blue.
Manual de Convivencia
Ivan Sache, 4 August 2018
image by Ivan Sache, 27 July 2010
Institución Educativa Santa Teresa is located in Argelia, Department of
The flag and arms of the institute are painted on a building's wall, as shown on a photography available on the Argelia municipal website. The flag must be (no real flag seen) horizontally divided light blue-red-black. The colours of the flag are taken from the arms (or the reverse). Source: http://www.argelia-antioquia.gov.co/sitio.shtml?apc=m1G12--&x=2202378
Ivan Sache, 27 July 2010
image by Ivan Sache, 31 January 2004
"Institución Educativa 'Santa Teresa de Jesús'"
was founded in 1909 or 1911 in Armenia, Department of Antioquia,
as "Colegio Oficial de Señoritas".
The flag of the institute, as described on the website of the institute, is vertically divided green-yellow-green.
Green represents hope.
Yellow represents the resources and strength of creative thinking.
The two green stripes also represent the natural environment while yellow represents bright mornings, with confidence into a future full of harmony and equity.
Ivan Sache, 31 January 2004
image by Ivan Sache, 8 January 2004
"Escuela Normal Superior Santa Teresita" was founded
on 25 February 1940 in Lorica, Department of Córdoba, by nuns of
the Community of St. Therese of the Child Jesus, led by sister
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided white-coffee brown. White represents loyalty, purity, clear thinking, peace, innocence and simplicity. Coffee brown is the colour of the Theresian doctrine, with its virtues of value, strength, prudence, gravity, heroic immolation, and generous and constant empowerment.
Ivan Sache, 8 January 2004 and 7 January 2008
image by Ivan Sache, 04 July 2011
"Escuela Normal Superior Santa Teresita" was founded in 1944 in Sabanalarga,
Department of Antioquia, by nuns of the Community of St. Therese of the Child
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided white-coffee brown. The same flag is used by other institutes managed by the same congregation (for instance, another "Escuela Normal Superior Santa Teresita", located in Lorica.
Ivan Sache, 04 July 2011
image by Ivan Sache, 26 October 2014
Escuela Normal Superior Santa Teresita was established on 4 April 1939
in Sopetrán (Antioquia Department) by Father Tomás María Zapata. The
institute was managed until 1994 by the Community of St. Therese of
the Child Jesus (Carmelites).
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-coffee brown. White is a symbol of purity, obedience, firmness, vigilance, eloquence, triumph, and innocence. Coffee brown is the colour of the cloak of the Carmelites.
Source: http://normalsopetran.blogspot.fr/2009/02/escuela-normal-superior-santa-teresita.html - Institute's blog
Ivan Sache, 26 October 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 13 December 2020
Institución Educativa Santa Teresita was established on 21 May 1919 in
Chinchina (Caldas) by the Sisters of the Providence and the Immaculate
Conception, upon request of Mayor Alfonso Mejía Londoño. The school's name was
subsequently coined by Mother Magdalena Joseft, who had attended on 17 May 1925
in Rome the canonization of Saint Therese of the
Child Jesus and the Holy Face.
The flag of Institución Educativa Santa Teresita is derived from the school's oval coat of arms.
The blue field represents justice, truth, loyalty, charity and beauty.
The golden yellow cross represents the congregation's nobleness and greatness.
The fleurs-de-lis indicate purity grown in the heart and expressed as noble feelings and obedience to follow educating principles so that people acquire firmness and integrity.
The crown means strength, victory, audacity and highness. It also symbolizes the Kingdom of God, it three florets representing the Holy Trinity.
Ivan Sache, 13 December 2020
image by Ivan Sache, 5 November 2010
Colegio Santa Teresita was founded on 7 February 1954 in the borough of Las
Nieves, town of Baranquilla, by the nuns of the Community of St. Therese of the
The flag of the institute is shown on the institute's website as horizontally divided white-coffee brown.
The given meaning of the flag is exactly the same as for the very same flag used by another Theresian institute, Escuela Normal Superior San Teresita, Lorica.
It is therefore possible that several Theresian institutes, if not all, use the same "generic" flag.
Ivan Sache, 5 November 2010