Last modified: 2021-02-05 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
(2:3) image by eljko Heimer, 20 May 2001national flag of Colombia
image by Ivan Sache, 05 September 2017
Liceo Moderno Santa Emilia was established in borough Santa Matilde, Puente
Aranda (Bogotá) by Elvia Rosa Palencia de Parra, as Jardín Infantil Preescolar
del Sur, registered on 17 March 1975 by Resolution No. 13. The institute was
renamed Liceo y Preescolar del Sur on 6 November 1985 by Resolution No. 6,489.
The flag of Liceo Moderno Santa Emilia is horizontally divided white-blue.
Source: Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 05 September 2017
image by Ivan Sache, 4 February 2009
"Colegio Santa Fe" was founded in 1953 at
Valledupar, Department of Cesar.
The flag of the institute, according to a photo and the description available on the institute website, is horizontally divided green- white. Green symbolizes hope while white symbolizes transparency.
Ivan Sache, 4 February 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 09 December 2013
Colegio Santa Inés is a Franciscan educational institute based in Manizales.
The flag of Colegio Santa Inés is horizontally divided white-pink with the institute's emblem in the middle. White and pink symbolize purity and youth, respectively.
The emblem of Colegio Santa Inés features the Latin motto "VIRTUS SCIENTIA" (Virtue and Science) and the flaming torch of science, surrounded by spiny roses and thorns. The roses represent juvenile beauty; the spines recall that beauty should be protected from those who threaten it or attempt to rob its perfume.
The thorns recall that Jesus Christ designed our way on thorns.
Ivan Sache, 09 December 2013
image by Ivan Sache, 30 July 2018
Colegio Santa Inés Campestre was established in 1963 in Palmira (Valle
department) by the Palmira-born teacher Nory Velasco de López. She was
succeeded in 1990 by her daughter, the lawyer María Dieny López de Campo.
The flag of Colegio Santa Inés Campestre is divided green-red by a S-shaped diagonal. The school's emblem is placed in the center. Green is a symbol of aspiration (dreams and aims). Red is a symbol of firmness (compromise, love, autonomy and leadership).
The upper quarter of the emblem represents socialization, highlighted by the educational community working together to achieve aims in the different processes of development. The lower quarter represents autonomy, highlighted by individuals each having their proper and particular identity. The quarters are connected by a dividing line representing the gear that synthesizes individual and collective work as parts of integral education.
Ivan Sache, 30 July 2018
image by Ivan Sache, 07 July 2011
"Colegio Santa Isabel de Hungría", located in the Villabel borough,
Floridablanca (Santander Department), originates in the "Fundación Centro
Parroquial Villabel", founded on 28 February 1980 in the Santa Isabel de Hungría
(St. Elisabeth of Hungary) parish. On 25 November 1988, a secondary seat of "Gimnasio
José Alexandro Perralta", located in the Girón borough, was inaugurated in
Villabel. The institute took its current name on 25 October 1991.
The flag of the institute is described on the institute's website as "made of three colors: red, white and green, in three horizontal stripes, strictly identical to the stripes of the Republic of Hungary. The three colors mean: strength, sacrifice, purity and hope."
Ivan Sache, 07 July 2011
image by Ivan Sache, 10 January 2021
Colegio Parroquial Santa Isabel de Hungría was established in Muzú - Ospina
Pérez (Bogotá) in 1959 by Father Manuel Estévez Bretón.
The flag of the school is in proportions 1:2, composed of three horizontal stripes of the same width, green, celestial blue, and red and a yellow equilateral triangle placed along the hoist.
Yellow represents the Church in all its spiritual colors: hope (green), faith (celestial blue) and red (love).
The flag is charged with the school's emblem in the center.
On the emblem, the central disc symbolizes God's perfection and presence. It is modeled on the lesser arms of Hungary. Dexter, the four fesses gules and three fesses argent together symbolize the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit [wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and awe (fear) of the Lord] and the sacramentality of the Church. The crown or represents the school's patron saint, St. Elizabeth of Hungary. Dexter, celestial blue is a manifestation of infinity and symbolizes knowledge, friendship, loyalty, serenity, tranquility, eternal truth and immortality. The double cross, offered by Pope Silvester II to King St. Stephen I of Hungary in year 1000, represents the Roman Catholic Church.
The branches of green laurel were used in ancient Greece and Rome as awards for poets, athletes and soldiers. Green is a symbol of life and intellectual fecundity.
Ivan Sache, 4 August 2018, 10 January 2021
"Institución Educativa 'Santa Juana de Arco'" (St.
Joan of Arc) is located at Santa María, Department of Huila.
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described on the blog of the institute, is white with three blue and yellow fleurs-de- lis placed along the descending diagonal.
The flag, designed by Father Jairo Trujillo Polanco in 1975, is based on Joan of Arc's [alleged] standard. White symbolizes the purity of the saint. The fleur-de-lis, the French national flower [sic], is a tribute to Joan of Arc's motherland.
Ivan Sache, 4 February 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 9 June 2001
Colegio de Santa Librada - 1:2 (apparently), quarterly divided
green-white-white-green The flag is shown on <www.santalibrada.edu.co>,
located by Dov Gutterman.
Ivan Sache, 9 June 2001
"Colegio Distrital Santa Librada" is located at
Bogotá. The college is named after St. Librada (Liberata,
Livrade...), aka St. Wilgefortis, aka St. Uncomber, the patron
saint of women wishing to be "disencumbered" from
abusive husbands. Known as "the bearded virgin" but
without any historic background, the poor saint was removed from
the list of commemorated saints by the Roman Catholic Church in
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described on the website of the institute, is slightly higher than wide, white with an aquamarine triangle pointing downwards charged with a white rising sun. An alternative interpretation of the drawing is a triangular light aquamarine flag with a white rising sun.
The sun represents light, energy, joy, commitment and solidarity of all the members of the institute. White represents peace, unity and the interest of the institute. Aquamarine represents tranquility, future, strength and commitment to study of the students.
Ivan Sache, 18 January 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 24 July 2014
Colegio Provincial de Neiva (Santander Department) was established by
Provincial Ordinance on 26 September 1845. Classes in Spanish Grammar and Latin
started on 1 January 1849. The institute was subsequently renamed Colegio
Democrático (Ordinance No. 26 of 9 October 1850), Colegio de Santa Librada (Law
of 27 October 1870), and, eventually Colegio Nacional Santa Librada (Law No. 92
of 1937). The most famous student of the institute, mentioned in the institute's
anthem, is the writer José Eustasio Rivera (1888-1928), author of the naturalist
novel "La vorágine" (The Vortex, 1924), considered as the Colombian national
epic and as a milestone in the South American literature.
The institute is named after St. Librada (Liberata, Livrade...), aka St. Wilgefortis, aka St. Uncomber, the patron saint of women wishing to be "disencumbered" from abusive husbands. Known as "the bearded virgin" but without any historical background, the poor saint was removed from the list of commemorated saints by the Roman Catholic Church in 1969.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided yellow-black.
http://galeon.com/colnalstalibrada/aficiones2558628.html - Luz Sary Herrera Cano's blog
Ivan Sache, 24 July 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 5 January 2009
"Colegio Parroquial Santa Lucía" was
founded in 1987 in Floridablanca by Father Silvano Poletto,
parish priest of Santa Lucía and legal representative in
Colombia of the religious community of the "Siervos de la
Caridad" (Servants of Charity), a community founded by the
Italian priest Luis Guanella (1842-1915, blessed in 1964).
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described on the website of the institute, is vertically divided blue-white-yellow.
Blue represents the natural environment, empathy and respect of the students for their surroundings, including humans and the ecological environment.
White represents the light protecting the college and enlightening our lives, as well as truth and transparency to be attained by the students.
Yellow represents the Catholic faith and religious education.
The flag can be seen on a photo, as presented by the band of the institute.
Ivan Sache, 5 January 2009