Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: banska bystrica |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The flag of the city in 1979. In the past there were only seven stripes
according to the original coat of arms of the Árpád dynasty - only the
order of stripes was changed. The city sometimes used the flag with eight
black and white horizontal stripes. In the city museum is well preserved
flag from 1722 with the vertical stripes (the last one is missing...) and
with the coat of arms of the city on the circular field rounded by wreath.
The whole composition is carried by an angel and guarded by falcons on
Source: 'Klíc k našim mestum' by Karel Liška and Ludvík Mucha, ed. Práce in Prague, 1979 and 'Városaink neve, címere és lobogója' by S. Széll, Budapest 1941.
Jan Kravčík, 13 June 2000