This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Mountain Republic (1918-1919), Dagestan, Russia
Republic of the Union of Mountain Peoples of the North Caucasus
Last modified: 2021-07-24 by valentin poposki
Keywords: daghestan |
Links: FOTW homepage |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
Janis Lasmanis, 9 September 2020
A 7-stars and 7-stripes flag used 11 May 1918 – 24 May 1919 as the "Mountain
Viktor Lomantsov has this version above and another version with a white
crescent (ru-dage20.gif) as the 1917 "Republic of the Union of Mountain Peoples
of the Caucasus in exile."
9 September 2020
- 11 May 1918: Republic of the Union of Mountain Peoples of the North
Caucasus (also officially styled as "Mountain Republic" or "North Caucasus
Republic") founded in exile in Batumi (nominally consisting of 7 "states" -
Dagestan, Chechen-Ingush, Ossetia, Kabarda, Karachay-Balkar, Circassia, and
Abkhazia), independence from Russia proclaimed (not recognized by Soviet
Russia or "White" Russians).
- 8 Jun 1918 Independence of the Mountain Republic recognized by the
Ottoman Empire in the Treaty of Batum.
- 8 Nov 1918 Government of the Mountain Republic moved to Temir-Khan-Shura
(in Derbent from 12 Oct 1918).
- 22 Dec 1918 Constitution (Provisional Regulations on the Union Council
and Government of the Mountain Republic) adopted, the Republic actually
controlled only the largest part of the Dagestan Oblast.
- 24 May 1919 Mountain Republic abolished with occupation of Temir-Khan-Shura
by Denikin's "White" Armed Forces in the South of Russia (Petrovsk-Port
occupied on 21 May 1919).
Ben Cahoon, 9 September 2020