Last modified: 2019-08-15 by rob raeside
Keywords: bras d'or yacht club |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Rob Raeside, 10 July 2018
Bras d'Or Yacht Club (Canada)
Estb: 1904. Location: 1 Jones Street, Baddeck, Nova Scotia.
Burgee: Pennant approx. 3:5 (web image). Blue field charged with a yellow chevron with apex (<) 1 unit from hoist.
"The club was founded in 1904. Among its founding members were Gilbert Hovey Grosvenor, H. Percy Blanchard and Arthur Williams McCurdy. The clubhouse was constructed in 1913. Longtime member J.A. McCurdy, while serving as Lieutenant Governor of Nova Scotia, donated the McCurdy Cup to the club. This cup serves as the club championship. Alexander Graham Bell frequently attended club functions and even composed a song about it.”
Source: accessed 8 July 2019,
Peter Edwards, 10 July 2019