Last modified: 2010-11-13 by ivan sache
Keywords: jura | mouchard |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Mouchard - Image by Ivan Sache, 8 March 2010
The municipality of Mouchard (1,198 inhabitants in 2006; 618 ha) is located in the Jura mountains, 10 km north-east of Arbois. The former municipality of Certéméry was incorporated to Mouchard on 15 November 1972.
Mouchard is located in the middle of a main forest of Jura. The
village is the site of the Wood Secondary School (Lycée du Bois),
the only secondary school in France specifically dedicated to wood
transformation. Founded in 1883, the École du Bois was inaugurated in
1886, renamed École Pratique de Commerce et d'Industrie in 1929,
École Régionale du Bois in 1939 and Collége Technique du Bois in
1950. Nationalized in 1961, the school was granted the status of
Lycée d'État in 1967. The school has workshops for wood primary
transformation (sawing, sharpening, drying) and secondary
transformation (joinery and carpentry, including computer-aided
The Mouchard railway station is a main local node, with the Y-shaped junction of the Paris-Lausanne (Lyria) TGV line and of the Lyon- Strasbourg line.
Ivan Sache, 8 March 2010
The flag of Mouchard, as seen hoisted on the town hall in August 2005 (photo), is vertically divided green-white.
The colours of the flag are those of the charges on the municipal arms, De sable au lion d'argent, armé, lampassé et couronné d'or, au chef du même chargé de trois chênes arrachés de sinople ("Sable a lion argent armed langued and crowned or, a chief of the same three oaks eradicated vert").
Pascal Vagnat & Ivan Sache, 8 March 2010