This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Herreros de Suso (Municipality, Castilla y León, Spain)

Last modified: 2014-12-27 by ivan sache
Keywords: herreros de suso | ávila |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

See also:

Presentation of Herreros de Suso

The municipality of Herreros de Suso (171 inhabitants in 2010; 2,153 ha; unofficial page) is located in the northeast of Ávila Province.

Herreros de Suso was resettled in the 11th century by King Alfonso VI after the reconquest of Toledo (1085); Raymond of Burgundy, the king's son-in-law, founded two villages watching the border with the Muslim states, Una de Suso (Upper Una) and Una de Yuso (Lower Una). There are no archeological remains of Lower Una, while Upper Una was subsequently renamed Herreros de Suso, probably after the settlement of smiths (herreros) from Toledo or from northern Spain.

Ivan Sache, 20 May 2011

Symbols of Herreros de Suso

The flag and arms of Herreros de Suso are prescribed by a Decree adopted on 10 September 1993 and published on 21 December 1993 in the official gazette of Castilla y León, No. 243 (text).
The symbols are described as follows:

Flag: Quadrangular, gyronny red and yellow. In the middle of the flag is placed the municipal coat of arms, in full colors.
Coat of arms: Per pale, 1. Gules a sledgehammer or over an anvil argent surrounded with flames, 2a. Per pale Castilla y León, 2b. France. The shield surmounted with a Royal Spanish crown.

Ivan Sache, 20 May 2011