This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Stockheim Municipality (Germany)

Gemeinde Stockheim, Landkreis Kronach, Bayern

Last modified: 2021-04-24 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: stockheim(kronach) | hammer and mallet | jelly bag cap | crancelin |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Stockheim municipal banner] 5:2 image by Jörg Majewski, 16 Apr 2021
See also:

Stockheim Municipality

Stockheim Banner

It is a red-white vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: this photo
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 16 Apr 2021

Stockheim Coat of Arms

Shield Gules hammer and mallet Argent in saltire; mantled, at dexter Or a torso of a dexter facing bearded man, dressed Sable, wearing a jelly bag cap Sable, ending in a 5-point star Gules; at sinister barry of six of Sable and Or, superimposed by a crancelin Vert.
Stockheim was established in 1975 by a merger of the municipalities of Burggrub, Haig, Hasslach near Kronach, Neukenroth, Reitsch, Stockheim proper and Wolfersdorf. Hammer and mallet are symbolising stone coal mining, the only coal mining place in Bayern in business since 1763. The colours red and white are those of Kronach City. Franz of Hatzfeld, being Bishop of Bamberg from 1633 until 1642, in 1639 donated the manors of Stockheim and Hasslach in order to thank the citizens of Kronach, who had supported the bishop during the Swedish siege of the bishop's fortress in the city. The bearded man with cap displays the family arms of the Lords of Würtzburg, former local rulers in Burggrub and Haig. The sinister quarter displays the Saxonian arms of the Wettin kin. They had also been part of the former municipal arms of Reitsch, which had been a village under protection of the Wettin kin. The colours black and golden, are those of the Bishopric of Bamberg, to which Stockheim belonged until 1803, when the bishopric was secularised.
Source: Stadler, Egloffstein 1990, pp.305, 337
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 16 Apr 2021

The arms were approved on 2 November 1978 by district governor (Regierungspräsident) of Oberfranken.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 16 Apr 2021

back to Kronach cities and municipalities click here