This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Hodonín okres, South Moravian region
Last modified: 2018-05-25 by kryštof huk
Keywords: dolni bojanovice |
Links: FOTW homepage |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
by Jarig Bakker, 22 Jan 2004
adopted 15 Dec 1998
Kelčany municipality flag
Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (1998)
- Kelčany, Hodonin district, South Moravian region - adopted 15 Dec 1998.
211 inhabitants. The village of Kelčany originated in the 12th century
at the place of Old Kelčany under a castle built on the Babylon hill. There
is more than a hundred year-long tradition of sugar-refinery, pond culture
and brown coal mines - St. Barbora mine from 1859 and Prokop from 1945.
An Our Lady's Visitation Chapel built in 1817 can be found at the village
green. A preserved tradition is a Kelčany High-Day celebrated on July 2
dedicated to the Virgin and connected with a pilgrimage. At present the
village is well-known as a seat of famous brass band Moravanka whose band-master
Jan Slabák is a Kelčany native. Info from this
Jarig Bakker, 22 Jan 2004
Kelčany Coat of Arms
from this site.