Last modified: 2021-08-26 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: cesar | curumani |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dov Gutterman, 16 August 2008
Curumaní is municipality in Cesar Department. It was founded
on 26 November 1579 by Jaime Villareal and Jorge Diaz.
Municipality since 1965.
The flag of Curumaní is horizontally divided orange-blue-green.
Source: municipal web site.
Dov Gutterman, 16 August 2008
Translated from municipal
"Orange: The ethnic diversity of the villagers and the region's burning weather.
Blue: The water resources and the beauty of the unstained and infinite sky.
Green: The abundant forest resources of the valleys, plains and mountains."
A big flag is proudly hoisted in front of the town hall, as shown on a photograph. The municipal emblem (different from the coat of arms) shows three orange, blue, and green silhouettes shaped like jigsaw pieces, illustrating the motto "Juntos hacemos mas por lo Social" (Let us joint more for social).
Ivan Sache, 1 September 2008
image from municipal web site