This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Neubukow-Salzhaff Subcounty (Germany)

Amt Neubukow-Salzhaff, Landkreis Rostock, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern

Last modified: 2020-04-07 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: neubukow-salzhaff | alt bukow | bastorf | rerik | beech | inescutcheon | lighthouse | ship(ancient) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Neubukow city flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 4 Jan 2012
flag of Neubukow City, seat of the subcounty See also:

Neubukow-Salzhaff Subcounty

The subcounty has no proper symbols
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 24 Mar 2020


Municipalities without proper Flags

The following municipalities have no proper flags: Am Salzhaff, Biendorf and Carinerland.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 24 Mar 2020


Alt Bukow Municipality

Alt Bukow Flag

[Alt Bukow municipal flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 4 Jan 2012

It is a green-yellow-green vertical triband with ratio 1:2:1. The coat of arms is in the middle of the central stripe.
Source: Hans-Heinz Schütt:"Auf Schild und Flagge" , Schwerin 2011, p.222
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 4 Jan 2012

Alt Bukow Coat of Arms

In a green shield is a golden beech tree having four roots. The tree is flanked by three inescutcheons: Above a shield divided per fess into red and golden (= yellow) with two crossed croziers countercharged. On the dexter side a shield divided per fess into silver (= white) and red. On the sinister side a shield barry of four of red and silver (=white).
Meaning:
According to source the tree is canting (buk = Buche = beech). The roots are symbolising the four villages of Alt Bukow, Bantow, Questin and Teschow. The shield above shows the arms of the Bishopric of Schwerin, the shield on the dexter side the flag arms of the Hanseatic City of Lübeck, the shield on the sinister side those ones of the Hanseatic City of Wismar. Questin belonged to the Bishopric of Schwerin for more than 400 years, Alt Bukow belonged to the Hospital of the Holy Spirit in Lübeck for more than 500 years and finally Bantow belonged to the city of Wismar for more than 400 years.
Source: Hans-Heinz Schütt:"Auf Schild und Flagge" , Schwerin 2011, p.222
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 4 Jan 2012

Flag and arms were approved on 15 May 2000 by Minister of Interior of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern and published in the Municipal Roll of Arms Mecklenburg-Vorpommern as no.207.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 4 Jan 2012


Bastorf Municipality

Bastorf Flag

[Bastorf municipal flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 3 Jan 2012

It is a yellow red-yellow vertical triband with ratio 1:2:1. The coat of arms is in the middle of the central stripe.
Source: Hans-Heinz Schütt:"Auf Schild und Flagge" , Schwerin 2011, p.224
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 3 Jan 2012

Bastorf Coat of Arms

In a golden (= yellow) shield stands a red lighthouse upon a green hill having a silver (= white) fire.
Meaning:
Its an image of the local lighthouse.
Source: Hans-Heinz Schütt:"Auf Schild und Flagge" , Schwerin 2011, p.224
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 3 Jan 2012

Flag and arms were approved on 20 July 2001 by Minister of Interior of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern and published in the Municipal Roll of Arms Mecklenburg-Vorpommern as no.248.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 3 Jan 2012


Rerik City and Spa

Rerik Flag

[Rerik city flag white ship]
3:5 image by Stefan Schwoon, 2 May 2011
[Rerik city flag yellow ship]
3:5 image by Stefan Schwoon, and Klaus-Michael Schneider, 2 May 2011
   

It is a yellow flag wit centred arms.
Source: Hans-Heinz Schütt:"Auf Schild und Flagge" , Schwerin 2011, p.241
Source: I spotted this flag on 26 April 2011 in Rerik.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 2 May 2011

Rerik Coat of Arms

t is a red shield containing a golden (= yellow) (see right image above) or silver (= white) (see leftt image above) hansa merchant ancient ship, a "Kogge".
Meaning:
On 1 April 1938 the villages of Alt Gaarz, Wustrow (upon Salzhaff), Neu Gaarz, Gaarzerhof and Blengow were united. All had been villages of farmers, fishermen and seafarers. On the same day the new municipality was renamed and gained the rank of the city. The new name was referring to an important empire (in fact a lordship), called "emporium Reric". The centre probably was located on the Schmiedeberg, a mountain near Alt Gaarz. The empire was destroyed in 808 by the Danish King Godofried. Alt Gaarz was transformed to a spa around 1890. The ancient ship is alluding to the maritime tradition of the place. It was chosen despite of critics since 1937, saying that a Viking ship would be a better match.
The silver ship is in contradiction to 1(3) of the local Hauptsatzung, version 16 March 2009, updated 12 April 2010. According to that source and to Stefan Schwoon's entry in this image the ship should be golden. That is the colour the ship has upon the local coat of arms. But there is no doubt, that on the flag it is white. I saw two flags of that type in front of a pottery in Roggow village and at the beach of Rerik-Ost (the former Alt-Gaarz).
Source: Hans-Heinz Schütt:"Auf Schild und Flagge" , Schwerin 2011, p.241
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 2 May 2011 / 28 Mar 2020

The arms were approved on 1 April 1938 by the regional governor in Mecklenburg (Reichsstatthalter), according to Stefan Schwoon the flag was adopted by the city in 1997 approved on 30 June 2003 by Minister of Interior of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern and published in the Municipal Roll of Arms Mecklenburg-Vorpommern as no.217.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 28 Mar 2020


back to Rostock cities and municipalities click here