This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Llano Chico Parish (Pichincha, Ecuador)

Last modified: 2018-06-08 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: ecuador | pichincha | quito | llano chico |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




image by António Martins-Tuválkin, 08 June 2016


See also:


Overview

The parish of Llano Chico, part of Quito canton (Pichincha province), was established on 5 July 1944, separating from the parish of Zámbiza. The limits of the parish were confirmed by the Municipal Council of Quito in 1993. Municipal Ordinance No. 38 of 23 October 2008 prescribing a "dismembering" of the parish of Llano Chico to the profit of Zámbiza was nullified on 9 June 2009 by the Municipal Council.
The sanctuary of the Virgin of Light of Chaquishcahuayco is located near the Chaquishcahuayco source, which forms the limit of the parishes of Llano Chico and Zámbiza. It was established on the site where William Carvajal had a vision of the Virgin on 11 August 2007. He painted the scene and founded on 20 August 2007 the "Guardianes de la Virgen" (Guardians of the Virgin) movement. Led by Carvajal, aka the "Sencillo Guardián" (Humble Guardian), the movement counts more than 1,000 members, who built the sanctuary and organizes there a spiritual festival every 11 August.
Ivan Sache, 11 January 2015


The Flag

The flag of Llano Chico is horizontally divided green-white.
Source: http://www.llanochico.gob.ec/simbolos.html - Parish website
Photo: http://www.llanochico.gob.ec/galeria.html  ("Festividades", photo No. 1)
Ivan Sache, 11 January 2015

This flag is exactly the same as a Colombian sports flag, of Nacional.
Esteban Rivera, 08 June 2016