Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: plettenberg | inescutcheon | wall | masoned | towers(2) | coronet | markian chequered bar |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
3:5 image by Stefan Schwoon, 27 Jun 2001
Plettenberg used its arms since 1912 without authoritative permission. The arms were kept when the town was enlarged in 1940 and officially confirmed in 1942. The statutes specify the flag as follows: The flag of the city contains the colours of the city, blue-yellow, in two equally wide rectangular fields with the arms in the centre.
Stefan Schwoon, 27 Jun 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website: Plettenberg received city rights in 1397 from Count Dietrich of Mark. At the same time the first seal was made, which showed already the wall with the arms of the Counts of the Mark between the towers. The only difference was the coronet, which was added in 1794. These arms were officially granted in 1910 and have not changed since.
Source: Stadler 1972, p.78
Santiago Dotor, 2 Aug 2002
back to Märkisch cities and municipalities click here.