Last modified: 2021-08-26 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 18 July 2014
Colegio La Anunciación was established in 1892 in Timaná (Huila Department)
by His Grace Stefano Rojas (1859-1933), Bishop of Tolima (1895-1900) and of
Garzón (1900-1922). Until 1984, the institute was ran by the Dominican Sisters
of the Presentation, a congregation founded in 1695 by Marie Poussepin
(1653-1744; beatified on 20 November 1994 by Pope John Paul II). From 1985 to
2004, the institute was ran by the Little Sisters of the Annunciation, a
congregation founded in 1943 by Mother María Berenice (María Ana Julia Duque
Henkler; 1898-1993). It is now jointly ran by the congregation, the parent's
association and the Timaná foundation for education (FUNDET). The institute's
buildings were proclaimed "architectural heritage of historical interest" in
1993 by the Departmental Assembly of Huila.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided light blue-white-yellow. Blue is a symbol of the Marian spirit and of the devotion to the Virgin of the Annunciation. White is a symbol of purity. Yellow is a symbol of the Eucharist.
http://colegiolaanunciacion.es.tl/Bandera-y-Escudo.htm - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 18 July 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 24 July 2014
Institución Educativa Distrital Colegio La Aurora is located in Usme
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided yellow-brown-red.
http://cibercaminantes.freehostia.com/quienessomos.html - Institute's website
image by Ivan Sache, 24 July 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 29 January 2009
"Institución Educativa Departamental Rural La
Balsa" was founded in the village of La Balsa, Municipality
of Chía, Department of Cundinamarca, on 23 December 2003 (Decree
No. 5741), succeeding "Colegio Básico La Balsa"
recognized on 18 September 1997 (Decree no. 1437).
The symbols of the institute are prescribed by Decree No. 002 of the Board of Directors of the institute, issued in 2005, and available on the website of the institute. The flag and arms were selected in a students' competition, while the anthem was composed by the Director of the institute. The flag and arms were designed after the winning proposals made by Jamaica Sarmiento Wilmer Alejandro and Sierra Casallas Luis Alejandro. The flag is horizontally divided light blue-white-dark blue. Light blue represents loyalty, confidence, wisdom, faith, truth and eternal heavens. White represents light, kindness, purity, perfection and peace. Dark blue represents knowledge, integrity, seriousness and power.
The same colours are used in the shield, on which the light and dark blue field are separated by a thin white ascending diagonal stripe.
Ivan Sache, 29 January 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 2 February 2009
"Institución Educativa La Campiña" was founded in
1976 by Oswaldo Espitia in the village of La Campiña (founded in
1973), Municipality of Yopal, Department of Casanare.
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described on the website of the institute, is divided blue-yellow according to the ascending diagonal and charged with a three-rayed orange sun placed along the hoist.
Blue represents the education and the values provided in the institute, constance and investigating spirit.
Yellow represents the light guiding the students to fulfill the motto of the institute, "Ciencia y Libertad" (Science and Liberty), and transform their social status.
The three rays of the sun represent the three levels of education provided by the institute, pre-school, basic and median.
Ivan Sache, 2 February 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 01 September 2017
Institución Educativa Lácides C. Bersal (LACEBE) is located in Lorica
(Córdoba). LACEBE is named for Father Lácides Ceferino Bersal (1865-1947),
parish priest in Lorica.
The flag of LACEBE is horizontally divided white-green. White symbolizes peace while green symbolizes hope.
Source: LACEBE website
Ivan Sache, 01 September 2017
image by Ivan Sache, 19 October 2014
Escuela Normal Superior Lácides Iriarte was established in Sahagún (Córdoba
Department) by Municipal Ordinance No. 1 of 23 October 1962. Classes started on
15 March 1963. The institute was named for the famous educationalist Lácides A.
Iriarte (d. 1968).
The flag of the institute is divided blue-white-green according to the descending diagonal. Blue represents the sky above the immense savannah. White represents humility, beauty, and peace. Green represents the fertility of the fields and aspiration to a better future.
Source: http://normalsuperiorsahagun.edu.co/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=234&Itemid=334 - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 19 October 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 9 June 2001
Colegio Lacordaire (Cali) - 2:3 flag, horizontally divided
located by Dov Gutterman, gives a detailed explanation
of the colour symbolics (in Spanish): Black and white are colours
specific to the Dominican Order. Yellow is specific to the
Collegio Lacordaire. Black is the colour of penitence and
mortification, necessary to reach triumph and perfection, black
absorbs light as well as prayer, study and communitiy life absorb
truth. White is the colour of purity, joy, truth etc. and
constitutes the invisible armour that shall protect the young
students from error and evil. Yellow is the colour of light and
spiritual wealth etc.
More information from 'Petit Larousse Illustre': The Dominican Order (also called Order of Preaching Friars) was founded in 1215 by St. Dominic, a Castilan monk (c.1170-1221, canonized in 1234) and confirmed by Pope Honorius III in 1216. The Order was founded to fight the Cathar heresy, and its rule was a community democratic life totally devoted to predication of God's World. Henri Lacordaire (1802-1861) was a French priest who took the Dominican cloth in 1827 and restored the Order in France in 1830. He was elected deputy in Marseilles in 1848 and founded the Christian-Democrat review 'L'Ere Nouvelle' ('The New Era'), Because of the political troubles of May-June 1848, he abandoned politics and journalism and devoted the rest of his life to the restoration of the Dominican Order, establishing several schools and colleges.
Ivan Sache, 9 June 2001
image by Eugene Ipavec, 17 February 2007
Universidad de La Costa - (University of the Coast) is the
commonly used name for the Corporación Universitaria de La Costa
(University Corporation of the Coast). The university is located in the city of
Barranquilla, and the university flag can be seen at www.cuc.edu.co
Ron Lahav, 13 February 2007
image by Ivan Sache, 5 March 2017
Institución Educativa La Dorada is based in La Dorada, Caldas Department.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided dark blue-dark green-red. Blue represents river Magdalena that waters the region and the sky Green represents the vegetation of the institute and the aspirations of the students. Red represents vigour and joy shared by all the members of the educational community.
http://jalexis.galeon.com/Simbolos.html - Unofficial website
Ivan Sache, 5 March 2017
image by Ivan Sache, 6 January 2009
"Colegio Campestre La Estrella" (CICE) is located in
the municipality of Itagüí.
The flag of CICE, as shown graphically on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided green-yellow-blue
Green represents the natural environment, which is the support of a field institute.
Yellow represents light, spiritual resources and power.
Blue represents virtue, respect and honesty under the Colombian sky.
Ivan Sache, 6 January 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 03 December 2014
Institución Educativa Técnica La Floresta was established in 1996 in La
Floresta, the seat of the municipality of San Juan Nepomuceno (Bolívar
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided yellow-white-green with the institute's emblem in the middle.
Source: http://institucionlafloresta.es.tl/SIMBOLOS.htm - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 03 December 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 25 July 2014
Colegio La Floralia is located in Cali (Valle del Cauca Deaprtment).
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-blue.
http://colegiolafloralia.galeon.com/colegio2.html - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 25 July 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 29 March 2009
"Gimnasio La Fragua" (lit., "The Forge")
was founded in 1984 at Neíva, Department of Huila, by ASPAEN
("Asociación para la Enseñenza), the organization set up
in Colombia by the Opus Dei movement.
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and on a photo and described on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided into six yellow end green stripes, with a white triangle placed near the hoist and charged with the "GF" monogram of the institute surmounted by four yellow stars.
Green represents the strength and faith in the future of the educational community, as well as its contribution to educational science and technology and to the protection of the environment. Yellow represents light, life and divine energy.
White represents positive energy, transparency, beauty and honesty.
The four yellow stars are the highest aspirations of the institute, its mission and vision, its human principles and values, its objectives, its efficiency and educational quality.
The monogram is made of the letters "G" and "F", interlaced to represent fraternity and solidarity.
Ivan Sache, 29 March 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 7 July 2014
Institución Educativa Distrital La Gaitana was established in La Gaitana
borough, part of the municipality of Suba (Bogotá), by Resolution No. 2,723 of 9
September 2002, as the merger of CED La Gaitana (est. 1989) and CED Villa Maria
The flag of the institute is vertically divided green-white-red with a bird in the middle of the white stripe. Green represents aspiration to a better future for Colombia. White represents the national aspiration to peace. Red is a symbol of force and constancy required to establish a better society.
http://informaticaymultimediosbogota8.wikispaces.com/*Colegio+La+Gaitana+I.E.D. - Institute's webpage
Ivan Sache, 7 July 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 09 September 2014
Institución Educativa La Graciela was established in La Graciela borough,
part of the municipality of Tuluá (Valle Department) by Decree No. 1,843 of 5
September 2002, as the merger of six smaller institutes.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided orange red-green-yellow.
Source: http://sedelagraciela.blogspot.fr/ - Institute's blog
Ivan Sache, 09 September 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 03 July 2011
"Escuela Normal Superior La Hacienda" is located in Baranquilla. The flag of
the institute is shown graphically on the institute's blog as horizontally
divided blue-red with a white triangle placed along the hoist.
Ivan Sache, 03 July 2011
image by Ivan Sache, 26 July 2014
Colegio de Las Hijas de María de las Esclavas was established on 15 February
1939 in Bogotá by María Mercedes López Michellsen de Cuéllar and her fellows
from Colegio de las Religiosas Esclavas del Sagrado Corazón
The flag of the institute is white with a blue border and the institute's emblem in the middle.
Source: http://www.colhdm.edu.co/ElColegio.html - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 26 July 2014