Last modified: 2021-08-26 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: colombia | administrative departments |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The full list of the current six Departamentos Administrativos
(Administrative Departments) is as follows:
- Agencia Presidencial para la Acción Social y la Cooperación International (Presidential Agency for Social Action and International Cooperation)
- DAPR - Departamento Administrativo de la Presidencia de la República (Administrative Department of the Presidency of the Republic, offiical website at <www.presidencia.gov.co>)
- DAFP - Departamento Administrativo de la Función Pública (Public Service Administrative Department, official website at <www.dafp.gov.co>)
- DANE - Departamento Administrativo Nacional de Estadística (National Statistics Administrative Department, official website at <www.dane.gov.co>)
- DANSOCIAL - Departamento Administrativo de Economía Solidaria (Solidarian Economy Administrative Department, official website at <www.dansocial.gov.co>)
- DAS - Departamento Administrativo de Seguridad (Security Administrative Department)
- DNP - Departamento Nacional de Planeación, official abbreviation (National Planning Department, official website <www.dnp.gov.co>).
Sources: Colombian Presidency official web site, Ministry of Interior and Justice official web site.
E. R., 3 August 2008
There is one more Administrative Department:
- DPS (Departamento para la Prosperidad Social, Social Prosperity Department) ( official website) (formerly "Acción Social" (Agencia Presidencial para la Acción Social y la Cooperación International).
This new Administrative Department encompasses the following institutions:
- ANSPE (Agencia Nacional para la Superación de la Pobreza Extrema - National Agency for the Overcome of Extreme Poverty) ( official website);
- Centro de Memoria Histórica (Historical Memory Center) ( official website);
- Unidad (Especial Administrativa) para la Consolidación Territorial (Special Administrative Unit for Territorial Consolidation) ( official website) (similar status to UAEAC);
- Unidad (Especial Administrativa) para la Atención y Reparación Integral a las Víctimas (Special Administrative Unit for Attention and Full Reparation of Victims) ( official website) (similar status to UAEAC);
Esteban Rivera, 04 April 2015
There's a new Bill recently approved by Congress that creates another
Administrative Department. The Agencia Presidencial para la Acción
Social y la Cooperación International (commonly known as "Acción
Social") (Presidential Agency for Social Action and International
Cooperation) will be established as an Administrative Department and will be in charge
of taking care of the victims of the Colombian Armed conflict from
1985 onwards. Victims from previous years (1984 and backwards will
only be compensated simbolically).
Acción Social was established through Decree No. 2467 of July 2005. Source: http://www.accionsocial.gov.co/contenido/contenido.aspx?catID=3&conID=544&pagID=821
In this new reorganization, Acción Social will be merged with the CNRR (Comisión Nacional de Reparación y Reconciliación) (National Reparation and Reconciliation Commission), in order to provide victims of the armed conflict with integral social and economic support. The CNRR emerged from Law Ley 975 of 2005 dubbed "Justicia y Paz" (Justice and Peace). The CNRR was established through Decree No. 4760 of 2005.
Esteban Rivera, 13 April 2011
image by Eugene Ipavec, 9 November 2005
image by Eugene Ipavec, 9 November 2005
image by Eugene Ipavec, 2 March 2006
Coat of Arms
image contributed by E. R., 12 June 2005
Translated from <www.das.gov.co>
(located by Dov Gutterman): "On rectangular shape,
is formed by sky blue and white colors in two equal horizontal
bands, with sky blue on top and white on bottom, the national
tricolor will appear in circular 'cucarda' shape in the center of
Departamento Administrativo de Seguridad (Administrative Security Department), is Colombia's secret police, in charge of home land security, immigration, emigration, bodyguards for public servants, criminal investigations, etc.
Carlos Thompson, 5 November 2004
Coat of Arms of DAS (Security, Intelligence and Secret
Service) is taken from the book "Himnos y Símbolos de
Nuestra Colombia" , page 278. Written in 2000 by Julio Cesar
García, edited by Camer Editores. ISBN 958-33-1489-7.
E. R., 12 June 2005
There is an additional flag which has the same color pattern,
only with the DAS Coat of Arms in the middle.
E. R., 9 November 2005
image by Zoltan Horvath, 18 March 2015
On March 11 on the online version of local newspaper "El Mundo" (The World),
I found this
article regarding the new appointmen of former Dirección Nacional de
Migración (National Director of Migration,a ctually a wrong comment by the
newspaper, since the official name of his post is Director General de Migración,
Migration Director General) to a new post, I came across a new government agency
flag. In the article, one can see a
picture showing the flag of the UAE (Unidad Administrativa Especial) -
Migración Colombia (Special Administrative Unit - Migration Colombia), like
Aerocivil for instance. When looking through other sources (including official
websites) I found that the picture on the newspaper is actually an
official photo (as seen
The flag is a green/white/green horizontal flag, with the logo in the middle.
Migration duties (immigration and emmigration) where once carried out by DAS but since January 1, 2012 they are carried out by this new gonvernment agency.
For additional information go to: Migración Colombia (official website) http://www.migracioncolombia.gov.co/
Esteban Rivera, 16 March 2015
image by Zoltan Horvath, 22 March 2015
The UNP (Unidad Nacional de Protección, Protection National Unit) is an
entity created to supress the
DAS (regarding the
of protecting VIP personalities). It was created by Decree No. 4065 of
2011 and regulated by the Decree No. 4912 of 2011. It is in charge of
articulating, coordinating and executing the protection service to
VIP's according to the Government's designation.
The flag is a grey horizontal flag with the logo in the middle, as seen in this picture (the UNP flag is on the right, and the logo is on the middle). The logo resembles a police badge with a stylized (an Andean) Condor (Vultur gryphus) on top. On top it reads in latin capital letters "PER VITAM HOMINUM TUENDAM"
Another image can be seen here
For additional information go to: UNP (official website)
Esteban Rivera, 22 March 2015
I think the UNP flag is not only simple grey, but it is divided diagonally
into grey and blue triangles, and logo is placed in the middle of the flag as
here and here.
Zoltan Horvath, 22 March 2015