Last modified: 2015-04-25 by rick wyatt
Keywords: united states | schuyler |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Randy Young, 2 September 2004
Redrawn from the book "Flags to Color from the American Revolution," this is on the last page of the book, and is listed as "Schuyler Flag of Old Congress Hall."
"Colors: Alternating white and red stripes; red fringe (not included in image). The canton has a blue field; brown eagle with white head and yellow beak; white arrows, stars and ribbon; green branch. The shield is blue at the top with red and white stripes." On the white ribbon are the words "E PLURIBUS UNUM".
"This flag was passed down through General Schuyler's family until it was put on display in Congress Hall, Philadelphia, in 1922. It was probably presented to General Schuyler after 1782, when Congress adopted the Great Seal used on the canton."
Randy Young, 9 September 2004