Last modified: 2019-12-26 by rick wyatt
Keywords: tuscarawas county | ohio |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 14 June 2002
- indicates flag is known.
- indicates it is reported that there is no known flag.
Municipal flags in Tuscarawas County:
This flag shows the county map in white outlined red as the frame for a pictorial representation of the county court house, encircled by a ring of 22 visible (24 inferred) white five-pointed stars. Two more appear to be covered by a large white scroll on which TUSCARAWAS COUNTY OHIO is written in red italic fantasy capitals. In the same face and color, but smaller, «1808» (incorporation date?) is visible bellow the scroll, on the bottom of the map. All this lies on a horizontal bicolor of red over blue -- the colors seem to be Old Glory red and Old Glory blue.
António Martins-Tuválkin, 21 November 2002
This image is of the court house (see www.co.tuscarawas.oh.us/History.htm). In most areas of the U.S., the county government headquarters is known as the courthouse, administration of justice having been historically the most important function of the county in most states.
Joe McMillan, 21 November 2002
In 2001, County Commissioner Pancher assembled a Flag Committee which solicited ideas from the public. From the submitted designs, this red, white and blue entry was officially adopted on March 25, 2002. The flag was designed by
Cathy Straub, and features the county courthouse dome within an outline of the county itself. Encircling the courthouse image is a circle of white stars representing each of Tuscarawas County's twenty-two townships. This part was devised by Straub's thirteen year-old son Bryan.
Tuscarawas County was established in 1808, and named for the Tuscarawas Indian Tribe.
Located by Valentin Poposki, 26 September 2007