Last modified: 2018-12-15 by rob raeside
Keywords: koscielec |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
First mentioned in 1362 under the name Kościół (Church). Stone church
was built there in the first half of XII Century already. In 1836, the
Tsar of Russia (and titular King of Poland) awarded the village to the
Cavalry General Count Kreutz, famed and bloody oppressor and enemy of the
During 1920-39 site of the first agricultural school for girls. Presently, an important agricultural center.
Arms and flag adopted on June 30, 2004 (resolution # XIX/131/04).
"Arms: on a green shield, placed centrally, a silver bishop's mitre embroidered in gold between two golden wheat stalks. Below there is an open, silver book.
Flag: rectangular piece of cloth in the ratio 5:8 composed of two horizontal
upper band - yellow - 4/5 of the width of the flag
lower band - green - 1/5 of the width of the flag
On the upper, yellow band, the Arms are placed centrally."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 18 Nov 2008