Last modified: 2018-12-15 by rob raeside
Keywords: miastko |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
German name of Miastko - Rummelsburg, comes, according to the legend, from the name of the Slavic bandit Rummel, wrecking havoc in the areas of present-day Miastko. The owners, von Massow family, trying to pacify Rummel, offered him as much land as he is going to be able to cover on the horseback from sunrise to sunset in exchange of him abandoning his outlaw ways of life. After that, the peace arrived, as Rummel became a landowner and model citizen.
Arms and flag adopted on November 19, 2004 (resolution # 96/IV/2004).
"Arms: based on the Coat of Arms of von Massow Family.
Designed by the noted heraldist from Munich, Otto Hupp and approved by the decree of the Prussian State Minister on March 5, 1932.
Red griffin holds a scythe with the golden staff, which underscores the agricultural character of the area.
Below is the red, wavy line signifying the rank of the County seat, which Miastko (Rummelsburg) was in the past.
There is only a part of Pommeranian griffin, as Miastko is only a part of Pommerania.
Flag: a rectangular piece of the white cloth in the ratio 5:8, obverse
and reverse identical with the centrally placed Coat of Arms."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 31 Oct 2008