Last modified: 2022-07-04 by ivan sache
Keywords: seine-et-marne |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Seine-et-Marne - Image by Olivier Touzeau, 9 May 2019
Traditional provinces: Île-de-France, Champagne, Orléanais
Bordering departments: Aisne, Aube, Loiret, Marne, Oise, Yonne, Essonne, Seine-Saint-Denis, Val-de-Marne, Val-d'Oise
Area: 5,915 km2
Population (2017): 1,403,997 inhabitants
Sous-préfectures: Fontainebleau (suppressed in 1926, recreated in 1988), Meaux, Provins, Torcy (created in 1993, but only effective in 2003)
Subdivisions: 5 arrondissements, 23 cantons, 510 municipalities.
The department is named after rivers Seine (776 km) and Marne (525 km).
Ivan Sache, 14 November 2019
The flag of Seine-et-Marne (photo, photo, photo,) is white with the logo adopted in 2011 by the General Council, featuring the words "Seine-et-Marne Le Département".
The department's new visual identity, by its coherence, modernity, and
impact, is expected to symbolize the qualities of the territory and its
inhabitants, and to supply more visibility to the General Council's actions.
From the real territory, an imaginary territory was built, which shall foster Seine-et-Marne in everyone's mind and heart. A colorful, active, modern, careful and warm Seine-et-Marne, which selected the double "7" as its rallying sign.
The double "7" is:
- an identity sign: only Seine-et-Marne is legitimate to use it. This is the number that designate the department;
- a graphic sign: the design of "7" - simple, elegant, sleek - aesthetically strengthened by the doubling, allows to use it as a shape, for graphic layout, far beyond the simple number;
- an emotional sign: number "77" has the power to concentrate an affectionate and emotional dimension not accessible by words. It conveys the power and design of a "stamp";
- a double sign: the duality is essential since it reflects different aspects of the territory: the two rivers that are the department's namesakes, as well as the territory's urban and rural dimensions;
- a symbolic sign: the dictionary of symbols dedicates to "7" no less than six pages: the seven days of the week, the seven planets, the seven degrees of perfection, the seven celestial spheres (the seventh heaven)...
The blue color is prescribed as:
Pantone 285 C;
CMYK 89 43 0 0.
The typefaces are prescribes as Meta and Agaramond.
Olivier Touzeau & Ivan Sache, 18 May 2019
Former flag of the General Council of Seine-et-Marne - Image by Olivier Touzeau, 9 May 2019
The former flag of the General Council was white with the Council's former logo.
Pascal Vagnat, 9 May 2019