This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

La Asunción Parish (Azuay, Ecuador)

Last modified: 2018-11-17 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: girón | azuay | la asunción |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



image by Ivan Sache, 30 July 2018

See also:


Overview

The parish of La Asunción (3,051 inhabitants; 5,918 ha), located 60 km of Cuenca in Girón canton (Azuay province), was established on 8 September 1852.

The symbols of La Asunción are prescribed by Decree No. 192, adopted on 31 May 2011 by the Parish Council.
Ivan Sache, 30 July 2018


The Flag

The flag, designed by Olmedo Carpio, is horizontally divided white-green-yellow with the municipal coat of arms in the center. White is a symbol of culture, peace and ethics of the village, which is covered from January to April by a snow coat. Dark green is a symbol of the wide pastures dedicated to cattle breeding that exist in the upper part of the parish and of agricultural products as a a source of food for the households. Yellow represents the touristic potential of the Yunguilla valley in the Jugones basin.

The coat of arms, designed by Jaime Bautista, shows on an oval shield the local landscape. The shield is surmounted by a crown, a symbol of dignity and sovereignty, supported by two men, representing force, work and faith, standing on two crosses. Beneath the shield, a book representing knowledge is placed over two farming tools crossed in saltire, representing daily work.
http://laasuncion.gob.ec/azuay/?p=124
Parish website
Ivan Sache, 30 July 2018