Last modified: 2021-12-04 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: starnberg(county) | lozengy(white/blue) | lion(golden) | passant | eagle(golden) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The banner is white with the arms shifted to the top. Only minor changes were made to the territory of the county under the 1972 municipal reform.
Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964, p.86
Stefan Schwoon, 11 July 2001
Shield lozengy of Argent and Azure, a lion passant Or in chief and an eagle Or in base.
The arms are a combination of the lozenges of Bayern and the lion and eagle, taken from the arms of the Counts of Andechs-Meranien. Until 1248 the area was ruled by the latter, and since it has been part of Bayern.
Source: Stadler 1964, p.86
Santiago Dotor, 17 June 2003
The banner is used without approval. The coat of arms was approved on 17 March 1960 and confirmed on 24 October 1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 11 July 2001 and Santiago Dotor, 17 June 2003
back to Bavarian District, County and Municipal Flags Index page click here