This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Triefenstein Market Town (Germany)

Markt Triefenstein, Landkreis Main-Spessart, Bayern

Last modified: 2022-03-05 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: triefenstein | fess(wavy) | trident | rose(white) | keys(crossed) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Triefenstein town banner] 5:2 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 27 Feb 2022
See also:

Triefenstein Market Town

Triefenstein Banner

It is a red-white-blue vertical tricolour. The coat of arms is shifted towards the top.
Source: this online catalogue
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 27 Feb 2022

Triefenstein Market Town

Triefenstein Flag

[Triefenstein town flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 27 Feb 2022

It is a red-white-blue horizontal tricolour with centred coat of arms.
Source: this online catalogue
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 27 Feb 2022

Triefenstein Coat of Arms

Shield parted by a fess wavy Argent, above Azure a trident Or flanked by two heraldic roses Argent seeded Or, beneath Gules two keys in saltire, the bendy one Or over the sinister bendy one Argent.
Triefenstein was established in 1978 by a merger of Homburg, Lengfurt, Rettersheim and Trennfeld. Triefenstein had been the name of an Augustine Convent, founded in 1102, which was of great local importance. The convent was under direct rule of the Bishopric of Würzburg and was dissolved in 1803. Due to a Papal decree of Pope John XXII (1316 - 1334) the Pope had been supreme reeve and patron of the convent. The crossed keys are an attribute of St. Peter, patron saint of the convent. The trident, a fork to pierce otters, is representing the guild of fishers and had been already displayed on a village seal of Trennfeld from 1777. The roses are taken from the arms of the Counts of Wertheim, who ruled the former Lengfeld municipality until 1556. The fess wavy is a representation of the Main River. The tinctures red and silver are those of the Bishopric of Würzburg. Homburg had been seat of an episcopal district (German: Amt). Bishop Burghard is supposed of having died in the flowstone cave under the local castle.
Source: Klaus Reder: "Unterfränkisches Wappenbuch", CD-R, Würzburg 1997
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 27 Feb 2022

Banner and arms were approved on 8 July 1981 by district governor (Regierungspräsident) of Unterfranken.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 27 Feb 2022

back to Main-Spessart cities and municipalities click here