This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Quedlinburg City (Germany)

Stadt Quedlinburg, Harz County, Saxony-Anhalt

Last modified: 2019-04-25 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: quedlinburg | eagle(black) | inescutcheon | castle | dog |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Quedlinburg city flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 10 Jan 2007 See also:


City of Quedlinburg

Quedlinburg had been the seat of the namesake county until 2007.
Jörg Majewski, 10 Jan 2007

Quedlinburg City Flag

It is a black over yellow horizontal bicolour with centred arms.
Source: 2(2) of Hauptsatzung of Quedlinburg City from 20 November 2000, last updated on 3 April 2006
Jörg Majewski, 10 Jan 2007

Quedlinburg City Vertical Flag

[Quedlinburg city vertical flag] 5:2 image by Jörg Majewski, 10 Jan 2007

It is a black-yellow vertical bicolour with arms shifted to the top.
Source: 2(2) of Hauptsatzung of Quedlinburg City from 20 November 2000, last updated on 3 April 2006
Jörg Majewski, 10 Jan 2007

City of Quedlinburg Coat of Arms

[Quedlinburg city CoA] image by Jörg Majewski, 10 Jan 2007

Shield Or, an eagle Sable armed Gules, upon his breast an inescutcheon Gules (acc. to blazon fimbriated Or), charged with a castle Argent, in port a dog couchant Argent collared Sable.
Source: 2(1) of Hauptsatzung of Quedlinburg City from 20 November 2000, last updated on 3 April 2006
Meaning:
Though the Quedlinburg arms display the Imperial (one-headed) eagle, its coat of arms is not listed by Siebmacher (1605) among the arms of Free Imperial Cities. It probably was in use for centuries by customary law. Depictions often changed in details. The current pattern is based on the eagle, painted by Adolf Matthias Hildebrandt (1844 - 1918) in 1882.The draft of the current version was made by Jörg Mantzsch.
Source: German WIKIPEDIA
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 20 Aug 2018


Gernrode City Colours 1896

[Gernrode city colours 1896] 1:2 Gernrode city colours 1896 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 21 Apr 2019

The colours were red and yellow, granted in 1896 by Duke Friedrich I of Anhalt.
Source: Anhaltischer Staats-Anzeiger, edition 7.11.1896, Dessau
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 21 Apr 2019


back to Harz cities and municipalities click here.