Last modified: 2018-05-25 by kryštof huk
Keywords: ostruzna | spurs | spar |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag adopted 26 May 2000
Ostružná , founded in 1561, lies on the railway line from Hanušovice
to Jeseník, 700 - 950 m above sea level. The name Ostružná comes from mining
spars, in German "Sparrenhau". The name arose from an incorrect translation
of the dialectic word "Spornhau", and the Czech translation of "Sporn"
is "ostruha" (spur). The village consists of the parts Ramzová and Petříkov.
Ostružná, with its parts Ramzová and Petříkov and its terrain and partly
north-facing slopes, is a popular recreational centre for both summer,
and particularly, winter recreation not only for Czech visitors but also
for those from Germany, Poland, Holland. It is the biggest recreational
centre in the Jeseník region, with 157 inhabitants.
Info from this webpage.
Jarig Bakker, 19 Oct 2001