This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Hodonín okres, South Moravian region
Last modified: 2018-05-25 by kryštof huk
Keywords: zeravice |
Links: FOTW homepage |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
by Jarig Bakker, 26 Jun 2004
adopted 18 Jun 2003
Žeravice municipality flag
Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (2003)
- Žeravice, Hodonín district, South Moravian region - adopted 18 Jun 2003.
1 048 inhabitants - A village at foothills of the Chřiby. J. A. Comenius
was ordained a priest in this village on 26 April 1616. A memorial of
J. A. Comenius was built in the place of the former church of the Moravian
Brethren, reminding this event and also activity of the Moravian Brethren
in the village. Well preserved Baroque church of Decapitation of St. John
the Baptist, carved wooden cross from 1791, Baroque cemetery with a chapel,
wall and gate.
Info from this site.
Jarig Bakker, 26 Jun 2004
Žeravice Coat of Arms
by Jarig Bakker, 26 Jun 2004, after image on this