This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Hodonín okres, South Moravian region
Last modified: 2018-05-25 by kryštof huk
Keywords: luzice |
Links: FOTW homepage |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
by Jarig Bakker, 26 Oct 2004
adopted 27 Apr 1999
Lužice municipality flag
Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (1999)
- Lužice, Hodonín district, South Moravian region - adopted 27 Apr 1999.
2 707 inhabitants; The first written mention dates back to the middle
of the 13th century when the village was in proprietorship of the monastery
in Velehrad. The village was bought by Vilém from Potštejn in 1359. The
medieval yeoman stronghold was destroyed at the end of the 14th century.
Lužice belonged to Hodonín domain from 1511. In 1604 the village got its
own seal, however it was plundered several times during Thirty Years' War.
Between 1840 and 1931 there were important brown coal mines, 1870 - 1933
glassworks, oil mining at present. A St. Cyril and Method church from 1874
is a dominant of the village.
Info from this site.
Jarig Bakker, 26 Oct 2004
Lužice Coat of Arms
from this site.