Last modified: 2022-11-12 by rob raeside
Keywords: canada | lahave river yacht club | bridgewater |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Location: 12km. South of Bridgewater, Nova Scotia.
Burgee: Pennant 1:2. Blue field. White stripe 1/3 of hoist from hoist to fly superimposed by a Red stylized representation of the Ford Point cairn.
Ref: club website - http://www.lryc.ca
Peter Edwards, 8 October 2017
Section IV of the club's constitution (as viewed 24 October 2022) deals with
SECTION IV FLAGSThough the wording leaves this open, the cairn mentioned is neither a Cairn Terrier nor a rock cairn. Rather it's specifically a stone cairn. It may be it is intended as depicting a specific red stone cairn.
1. The ensign of this Club shall be the National Flag of Canada.
2. The club burgee shall be a royal blue pennant, twelve inches at the hoist and eighteen inches on the fly with a four inch white stripe running through the center of the pennant from the hoist to fly and having a two inch red cairn mounted on this white field, four inches from the hoist.
3. The Commodore’s Flag shall be the Club’s burgee swallow-tailed with three red cairns in the white field;
- the Vice-Commodore’s, a similar burgee with two red cairns in the white field;
- the Rear-Commodore’s, a similar burgee with one red cairn in the white field.
4. A second but similar burgee having a twenty inch hoist and being thirty inches on the fly may be flown by the larger yachts.
5. The Past Commodore’s Flag shall be the Club’s burgee swallow-tailed with three blue cairns in the white field.
6. No member shall fly the club burgee while receiving remuneration for the services of their yacht.