Last modified: 2013-04-13 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | dumont |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Dumont was founded in the 1940s by Italian colonists originally hired
by Henrique Dumont (1832-1892), owner of the Dumont Coffee Company and
father of the aviation pioneer Alberto Santos-Dumont (1873-1932). The
district of Dumont was established in 1953 as part of the municipality
of Ribeirão Preto.
The municipality of Dumont was established by State Law No. 8,050 of
31 December 1963.
http://www.dumont.sp.gov.br - Municipal website
The flag of Dumont is blue with a yellow, off-centered cross. Over the intersection of the cross' arms is placed a white disk charged with the municipal coat of arms.
Ivan Sache, 28 March 2013