Last modified: 2016-04-09 by ivan sache
Keywords: santa cruz de la salceda |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Santa Cruz de la Salceda - Image from the Escudos y Banderas de la Provincia de Burgos website, 25 February 2014
The municipality of Santa Cruz de la Salceda (177 inhabitants in 2010; 2,586 ha; municipal website) is located in the south of the Province of Burgos, 100 km of Burgos.
Santa Cruz was created in June 1612 by María de Zúñiga, Bazán y Avellaneda, by separation from Montejo. On 14 December 1766, Manuel del Corte, the parish priest, asked the Bishop of Segovia permission to transfer the statue of the Tamarón Virgin to the St. Sebastian chapel, where it would be easily accessible and kept in better conditions. Granted by the bishop on 18 April 1767, the transfer of the statue was made on 2 July 1768.
Ivan Sache, 27 April 2011
The flag and arms of Santa Cruz de la Salceda (images) are prescribed by a
Decree adopted on 16 November 1995 by the Burgos Provincial
Government, signed on 9 January 1996 by the President of the
Government, and published on 19 January 1996 in the official gazette of Castilla y León, No. 14 (text).
The symbols are described as follows:
Flag: Quadrangular flag, with proportions 1:1, yellow with a willow [sauce] eradicated proper, its top charged with a red cross and surrounded by two black wolves passant.
Coat of arms: Or a willow proper eradicated ensigned with a cross gules surrounded by two wolves passant sable cebedos gules [that is, with some red meat in the mouth]. The shield surmounted with a Royal Spanish crown.
The flag is therefore a banner of the municipal arms.
Ivan Sache, 27 April 2011mailme.html