This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

City of Miesbach (Germany)

Stadt Miesbach, Kreis Miesbach, Oberbayern District, Bavaria

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: miesbach | shield(oval) | lance | tournament flag |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Miesbach plain banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Apr 2014 See also:

City of Miesbach

Miesbach Plain Banner

Description of banner:
It is a white - red vertical bicolour.
Source: photo provided by M. Schmöger
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Apr 2014

Miesbach Banner

[Miesbach banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Apr 2014

Description of banner:
It is a white - red vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is slightly shifted to the top.
Source: photo provided by M. Schmöger
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Apr 2014

Miesbach Flag

[Miesbach flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Apr 2014

Description of flag:
It is a white over red horizontal bicolour. The coat of arms is in the centre of the flag.
Source: ebay offer by Ratman20001, closed on 21 February 2014
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Apr 2014

Miesbach Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The redshield mostly has oval shape, is fimbriated golden and flanked by one branch of laurel and one of palm tree in natural colour. In the shield is a paly tournament lance bendy of white and blue topped by two ribbons of the same colour. Furthermore a square flag with golden frimges is fixed on top of the lance. The sheet is divided thrice per bend sinister wavy into blue and white.
Meaning:
Miesbach had been the capital of the historical County of Hohenwaldeck. The lance is alluding to the Counts of Waldeck, who died out in 1483. Their successors were the Lords of Höhenrain , afterwards in 1487 the Lords of Sandizell and finally in 1516 the Lords of Maxlrain. The sheet of the flag is alluding to them. Their colours had however been black and silver. The tinctures were changed, when the Maxlrain kinsmen died out in 1734 and the Wittelsbach kin was succeeding them. The colours of the banner are taken from the arms of the Counts of Waldeck.
Source: Stadler 1968, p.18

The coat of arms was granted by King Maximilian I Joseph of Bavaria on 3 September 1812.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Apr 2014


back to Miesbach cities and municipalities click here