This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Miesbach County (Germany)

Kreis Miesbach, Oberbayern District, Bavaria

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: miesbach county | demi-eagle | sticks(crossed) | water-lily(leaf) | base(wavy) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Miesbach County banner (Germany)] 5:2 image by Stefan Schwoon, 21 Sep 2001
flag used unofficially since early 1998
See also:

Miesbach County

The county uses a white banner showing the coat-of-arms; the flag has not been approved and is used unofficially since early 1998.
Source: Erich Dieter Linder, Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964, p.62
Stefan Schwoon, 21 Sep 2001 and 9 Mar 2004

The coat of arms was approved on 15 September 1955 and confirmed on 7 June 1977. The eagle and sticks are taken from the arms of the Lords of Waldeck from Hohenwaldeck, who built their estate around the Schliersee lake. They died out in 1483 and were succeeded by the Lords (later Counts) of Maxlrain. The lower part shows the water lily leaves and waves taken from the arms of the Tegernsee Abbey, which owned most of the Western part of the county until 1803.
Source: Stadler 1964, p.62
Santiago Dotor, 3 Dec 2003