This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Eichstätt County (Germany)

Landkreis EichstÀtt, Oberbayern District, Bavaria

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by german editorial team
Keywords: eichst€tt county |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[EichstÀtt County (Oberbayern District, Bavaria, Germany)]5:2  image by Stefan Schwoon, 20 Sep 2001
Flag and coat-of-arms adopted 22nd November 1974 Other EichstÀtt county pages: See also:

EichstÀtt County

White-red-yellow stripes, adopted 22.11.1974. EichstÀtt is an ancient bishopric (prince-bishopric until 1803), hence the crosier in the arms. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Source: Kleine Wappenkunde der Gemeinden im Landkreis EichstÀtt (Brief Heraldry of Municipalities in EichstÀtt County, German text only)
Stefan Schwoon, 20 Sep 2001

From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website: The new arms were granted on November 22, 1974. The new arms show still the crosier from the old arms. The deer's head is replaced by the antler, and the torch is added. The torch symbolises the industrial area around Ingolstadt in the county. The base is also added and shows the lozenges of the arms of Bavaria. A large part of the new county belongs to Bavaria already for many centuries.
Literature: [presumably Linder and Olzog 1996].