Last modified: 2013-07-06 by rick wyatt
Keywords: salt lake county | utah |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by António Martins-Tuválkin, 13 September 2005
Source: http://www.splore.org/images/News/NEW%20SL%20logo%20color%20(jpg).jpg (no longer available), but see also http://www.slco.org/
- indicates flag is known.
- indicates it is reported that there is no known flag.
Municipal flags in Salt Lake County:
The Salt Lake County flag is the county logo on white. The logo consists of:
(1) a burgundy rectangle with the letters S L voided white on the left, and a copper colored sun rising behind the S with its rays extending to the right
(2) the words SALT LAKE beneath the rectangle and COUNTY beneath Salt Lake- the size of the letters is adjusted so that both lines are of equal length, and also equal to the width of the rectangle.
A few caveats-
(1) I don't remember the underlining of SALT LAKE on the flag, but I may have just overlooked that (I was trying to make out the the details during the rare seconds when a brief breeze would extend the flag)
(2) the proportions of the logo on the flag may not be quite the same as on the image being sent- I've found several images of the logo with varying proportions.
(3) the logo, with its white border is placed on a field of white, so the end result is that the flag has much more white around its edges than the logo alone does.
Ned Smith, 12 September 2005