This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Mauldin, South Carolina (U.S.)

Greenville County

Last modified: 2011-12-17 by rick wyatt
Keywords: mauldin | south carolina | greenville county |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Flag of Mauldin, South Carolina] image located by Valentin Poposki, 11 January 2008

See also:

Description of the flag

Mauldin is a city in Greenville County, South Carolina, United States. The population was 15,224 at the 2000 census." - from Wikipedia:,_South_Carolina.

Brief history:
On June 18, 1784, the Benjamin Griffith family received a land grant of 100 acres and settled in Mauldin. In 1868, Mr. Willis William Butler purchased a tract of land on the corner of Laurens Road and Reedy River Road. Shortly after the purchase, the community became known as Butler Corners, and later Butler's Crossroads. Mauldin's railroad depot was built in 1886 on land donated by the Cox family at the site where the City of Mauldin Public Works Department now stands. The original charter of the town was approved December 24, 1890. On May 28, 1957, citizens voted 115-106 to keep the town charter instead of becoming a part of Greenville. Mauldin officially became a city in 1969 with a population of 3,797 and a property valuation of $23 million. - from city Website:{8104B97A-10BC-4851-B7D2-84FCF1172DD3}.

The flag can be seen on a photo in Waymarking site: It is white with the city logo of a yellow disk overwritten by an M, beginning the written word Maudlin in blue.

Valentin Poposki, 11 January 2008