This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Omsk Region in the Soviet Union, 1920-1992

Last modified: 2014-03-30 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: omsk |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

See also:

Chronology of Omsk Region in the Soviet Union

Omsk City coat of arms, 1973-1996

Omsk coat-of-arms in 1973
image by Igor Pavlovsky, 08 May 1999

The shield and year 1716 signify the city’s foundation as a fortress in 1716. Two rivers, Irtysh (large) and Om’ (small), at the confluence of which the fortress was founded, are represented by blue stripes. Stalk of wheat indicates Omsk’s dominant agrarian role in the region. During 1940-50s, Omsk developed major oil-refining, chemical, synthetic rubber and machine-building industries. Flask (center), tire (right) and iron boiler? (bottom center) reflect these industrial trends. Omsk’s Soviet Arms had standard shape.
Igor Pavlovsky, 08 May 1999

See also: Omsk City flag and coat-of-arms