Last modified: 2010-11-06 by ivan sache
Keywords: cerknica |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Municipal flag of Cerknica, horizontal and vertical versions - Images by Željko Heimer, 25 June 2010
The coat of arms and flag of Cerknica are prescribed by Decision Odlok o grbu in zastavi Občine Cerknica (text and images, adopted on 16 April 2009, and published in the official Slovene gazette Uradni list Republike Slovenije 2009/32 on 24 April 2009.
The flag, in proportions 2:5, is horizontally divided blue-green with the municipal coat of arms in the middle. A vertical version of the flag is prescribed, in ratio 5:2, vertically divided blue-green with the coat of arms rotated and set in the middle of the flag.
The colour specifications are the following:
- Green: Pantone 370c / CMYK 56-0-100-27;
- Blue: Pantone 293c / CMYK 100-57-0-8;
- Black: Pantone Black / CMYK 0-0-0-100;
- White: Solid White / CMYK 0-0-0-0.
Pascal Gross & Željko Heimer, 25 June 2010
Coat of arms of Cerknica - Image by Željko Heimer, 25 June 2010
The coat of arms has a green arch added to the previous design.
Željko Heimer, 8 August 2009
Former flag and arms of Cerknica, 1997-2009 - Images by Željko Heimer, 26 September 1999
The former coat of arms and flag of Cerknica were prescribed by Decision Odlok o grbu in zastavi Občine Cerknica, adopted on 13 March 1997, and published in the official Slovene gazette Uradni list Republike Slovenije 97/31 on 30 June 1997. This Decision came into effect on 6 June 1997, superseding the Decision Odlok o grbu in zastavi Občine Cerknica, which had been published in Uradni list SRS, 2/82 (1982).
The flag shall be hoisted vertically, in proportions 1:2. The municipal coat of arms is placed on a light blue field, in the center of the lower third of the flag. The green and blue horizontal lines of the arms extend over the flag field until the edges of the flag.
The former coat of arms of Cerknica is white, outlined in black, with a symbolic representation of a landscape with a stylized tree. This emblem consists of a horizontal blue line, under which are two green angled lines (rising from bottom and when reaching the blue line turning left and right and exiting horizontally out). Above the blue line is another green one with an "island" in the middle with cut out part forming the silhouette of a tree. Above this one is another blue line which is arched around the tree silhouette.
Željko Heimer, 26 September 1999
Former flag and arms of Cerknica, 1982-1997 - Images by Željko Heimer, 26 September 1999
The former flag of Cerknica, adopted on 28 January 1982, was a vertical banner of arms. The former coat of arms of Cerknica appears to have included also the inscription CERKNICA in
black letters above the shield.
Stanič & Jakopič [j2s05] mention the historical coat of arms of Cerknica that first appeared in the Valvasor's collection (Opus Insignium Armorumque, 1687/1688) as canting arms: "Argent on a base vert issuant a church gules". This blazon is repeated in Laszowski's Grbovi Jugoslavije.
Željko Heimer, 2 January 2006