Last modified: 2018-12-15 by rob raeside
Keywords: lowicz |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The oldest mention comes in the papal bull of Innocent II in 1136.
In 1939, the largest single battle of the September campaign took place in the vicinity and on the territory of the commune - The Battle of the Bzura.
Arms and flag adopted on September 21, 2007 (resolution # IX/53/07).
"Arms: on a blue field a silver (white) pelican with golden bill and feet. Below, a silver (white), wavy ribbon, symbolizing the river Bzura.
Flag: a rectangle in the ratio 5:8 divided vertically into three bands. The extreme bands are blue and in proportions of 1:4 of the length of the flag each.
On the wide, white middle field the Arms are placed centrally."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 22 Jun 2009