Last modified: 2018-12-15 by rob raeside
Keywords: de wilgen |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Jarig Bakker, 7 May 2005
adopted 2005; design: Loes Degener
The Society for Village Interests initialized the project in order to
brighten up the village fiesta, held every two years. A design competition
(1st prize € 500,-) resulted in several designs, out of which a representative
of the Dokkumer Vlaggen Centrale chose the winning entry.
The flag was designer by Loes Degener from Smalle Ee, who explained:
green for polderland, blue for water and sky, yellow the papal color and the color of the yellow stones ("geeltjes") used here in the past for building. The yellow cross represents the convent at Smalle Ee and its history. That was known as "Onser Lyewe Vrouwen Smelgeraconvent" for Augustine monks and nuns (koorheren and regularissen), after 1400 of benedictine nuns; abolished 1580.
Jarig Bakker, 7 May 2005