Last modified: 2016-08-07 by ivan sache
Keywords: petnjica |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Petnjica - Image by Tomislav Šipek, 25 February 2016
The municipality of Petnjica (5,665 inhabitants in 2011, 565 in the village of Petnjica) was established on 28 May 2013, separating from Berane. Pjetnica formed a separate municiplaity from 1945 to 1957.
Ivan Sache, 25 February 2016
The flag of Petnjica (photo) is rectangular, in length at least twice the width, white, with the emblem of the municipality in the middle. The blue line near the bottom of the flag symbolizes the water resources of the municipality (rivers, springs, and natural watercourses). The green line near the top of the flag symbolizes the natural environmen of the municipality, with well-preserved landscapes and fertile land.
The basic emblem of Petnjica consists of a heraldic shield outlined in gold and red. On the right side in the upper part of the emblem is a fortress that symbolizes the beginning of urbanization. On the left side, in the lower part of the shield is the mosque from the 16th century, which is a cultural and historical monument. In the middle of the emblem are shown the Radman cliffs, and, in the bottom of the emblem, Petnjica valley. River Popč is represented with its four inflows.
The official emblem consists of the basic emblem surmounted by a "floral crown", which highlights the natural resources of the municipality. Beneath the emblem is a ribbon inscribed with "PETNJICA" in Latin letters.
Tomislav Šipek, 26 February 2016