This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Lovas (Municipality, Vukovar-Srijem County, Croatia)

Last modified: 2014-03-08 by ivan sache
Keywords: lovas | st. michael |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



See also:


Presentation of Lovas

The Municipality of Lovas is located some 10 km south-east of Vukovar. It has about 1,500 inhabitants, some 1,100 of them living in the village of the same name. It has about 7% Serb and 5% Hungarian minorities.
The village was much devastated in the 1990s aggression; the St. Michael the Arhangel parish church, built in 1769, was burned down and mined in 1991

Željko Heimer, 3 January 2011


Coat of arms of Lovas

[Municipality coat of arms]

Coat of arms of Lovas - Image by Željko Heimer, 3 January 2011

The coat of arms (municipal website) shows St. Michael represented as a Roman warrior in a somewhat unusual posture, holding an oval shield with a Latin cross and the inscription "Quis ut Deus" ("Who is like God", the Latin translation of the meaning of the Hebrew name Michael) and with a flaming sword held above his head in a white shield bordered golden including the name of the municipality inscribed in the base.
The coat of arms was probably not approved by the central authorities.

Željko Heimer, 3 January 2011


Table flag of Lovas

[Table flag]

Table flag of Lovas - Image by Željko Heimer, 3 January 2011

The table flag (photo) is a buff (or beige) vertical flag with the coat of arms in the middle and the inscription "OPČINA LOVAS" along the bottom.

Željko Heimer, 3 January 2011