Last modified: 2012-01-20 by rob raeside
Keywords: guinea | house flag | sng | guinomar international |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Jorge Candeias
SNG (Guinea) - Red - yellow - dark green vertical tricolour
with blue initials "SNG", each centered on it's stripe.
Jorge Candeias, 31 March 1999
by Jarig Bakker, 9 January 2006
Guinomar International, Conakry - white flag, blue "G" over
grey standing anchor. Image after Brown's Flags and Funnels of Shipping Companies of the
World, compiled by J.L. Loughran, Glasgow, 1995 [lgr95].
Jarig Bakker, 9 January 2006
Sea transport is provided in Guinea by:
- Société Navale*, a limited liability company partially controlled by the state, operating two coasters
- GUINOMAR, a semi-public company run jointly by Guinea and Norway founded in 1979 for ore shipping (mostly bauxite, alumina and gold)**
- private shipping agencies groupes into the AGEMAP
- small private companies operating coasters.
* Most likely "SNG" (Société Nationale Guinéenne) shown above
** In 1994, bauxite, alumina and gold represented 43.4%, 16.5% and 13.3% of the exports of Guinea, respectively. Production in 1996 was 15,888,600 t of bauxite, 564,237 t of alumina and 7,863 kg of gold. [Encyclopaedia Universalis - Les Chiffres du Monde 1998]
Ivan Sache, 11 January 2006