This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Saint-Lambert (Municipality, Yvelines, France)

Last modified: 2010-11-13 by ivan sache
Keywords: yvelines | saint-lambert |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[St Lambert]

Flag of Saint-Lambert - Image by Ivan Sache, 20 November 1997

See also:

Presentation of Saint-Lambert

Saint-Lambert is a village located in the green valley of Chevreuse, south-west of Paris. In 1985, 19 municipalities joined the Parc Naturel Régional de la Haute Vallée de Chevreuse (Regional Natural Park of the Upper Valley of Chevreuse), in order to protect the area against anarchic urbanization.
The churchyard of Saint-Lambert, built near the Romanesque village church, is a tribute to human beings victims of intolerance. A stone cross in the cemetery bears as its only sign A la personne humaine (To the human being). This cross was built in 1944 as a tribute to the victims of the wars of all conditions and religions.
The cemetery also hosts the common grave in which the remains of the nuns of the abbey of Port-Royal were thrown on Louis XIV's order in 1679.

Ivan Sache, 16 July 2003

Flag of Saint-Lambert

The city hall of the municipality of Saint-Lambert flies a Tricolore - in a very bad condition with SAINT-LAMBERT written horizontally in golden letters. The flag has a golden fringe.

Ivan Sache, 20 November 1997