This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Saint-Cast-le-Guildo (Municipality, Côtes-d'Armor, France)


Last modified: 2017-03-18 by ivan sache
Keywords: saint-cast-le-guildo |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors


Flag of Saint-Cast-le-Guildo - Image by Olivier Touzeau, 1 March 2017

See also:

Presentation of Saint-Cast-le-Guildo

The municipality of Saint-Cast-le-Guildo (in Breton, Sant-Kast-Ar-Gwildoù; 3,432 inhabitants in 2014, 2,263 ha) was established in 1972 as the merger of the former municipalities of Notre-Dame-du-Guildo and Saint-Cast.

The battle of Saint-Cast was fought on 11 September 1758. An English raid by sea on the region of Dinard was stopped at river Rance by the Vauban fortifications. Withdrawing to their ships moored off St-Cast, the assaulters were attacked on the beach by Emmanuel-Armand de Vignerot du Plessis-Richelieu, Duke of Aiguillon. The casualties were higher (1,160) for the English than for the French (445) troops. The battle is commemorated by a monument featuring a greyhound defeating a lion.

Olivier Touzeau, 1 March 2017

Flag of Saint-Cast-le-Guildo

The flag of Saint-Cast-le-Guildo (photo) is made of the municipal logo, drawn in a rectangle, and a vertical white stripe, of about 20% of the flag's length, placed along the flya at the hoist and insccribed with the town's name in the logo's font.

Olivier Touzeau, 1 March 2017

Yacht Club de Saint-Cast


Flag of YCSC - Image by Ivan Sache, 4 November 2009

Yacht Club de Saint-Cast (YCSC; website) was founded in 1948, its yachting school being the first incorporated in France.
The flag of YCSC (photo) is horizontally divided blue-white-blue-white-blue, 3:1:1:1:3.

Ivan Sache, 1 March 2017