This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Santa Cristina de Valmadrigal (Municipality, Castilla y León, Spain)

Last modified: 2014-12-29 by ivan sache
Keywords: santa cristina de valmadrigal | león |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors


Flag of Santa Cristina de Valmadrigal - Image by Antonio Gutiérrez (VexiLeón website), 3 December 2010

See also:

Presentation of Santa Cristina de Valmadrigal

The municipality of Santa Cristina de Valmadrigal (325 inhabitants in 2009; 4,002 ha) is located in the southeast of León Province, 40 km of León. Santa Cristina de Valmadrigal was mentioned for the first time in 924, as the site of the San Salvador monastery. The village is the setting of Ruiz de Alarcón's comedy Los pechos privilegiados (The Privileged Breasts, 1634).

Ivan Sache, 3 December 2010

Symbols of Santa Cristina de Valmadrigal

The flag and arms of Santa Cristina de Valmadrigal, designed by Vicente Tocino Letrado and Tomás Rodríguez Peñas, are prescribed by a Decree adopted on 28 May 2006 by the Municipal Council, signed on 8 June 2006 by the Mayor, and published on 26 June 2006 in the official gazette of Castilla y León, No. 122, p. 12,228 (text).
The symbols are described as follows:

Flag: Rectangular flag with proportions 2:3, made of a white panel with a red cross centered throughout and a blue horizontal wavy stripe in each canton.
Coat of arms: Per pale, 1. Gules a church tower argent, 2. Argent a St. Christina gules, grafted in base argent and azure. The shield surmounted by a Royal crown closed.

Ivan Sache, 3 December 2010