Last modified: 2016-04-09 by ivan sache
Keywords: ciadoncha | burgos |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Ciadoncha - Image by Ivan Sache, 26 April 2011
The municipality of Ciadoncha (76 inhabitants in 2010; 1,529 ha; municipal website) is located 25 km of Burgos.
Ciadoncha was transferred on 24 November 978 by García Fernández to the Sts. Cosmos and Damian Covarrubias monastery he had founded for his daughter Urraca. Four centuries later, the village was transferred by Queen María de Molina to the Las Huelgas Reales monastery in Valladolid. Ciadoncha was subsequently transferred to the Salazar, for which it was erected a Marquisate in 1681.
Ivan Sache, 26 April 2011
The flag of Ciadoncha is prescribed by a Decree adopted on 21 January
1999 by the Burgos Provincial Government, signed on 1 March 1999 by the President of the Government, and published on 11 March 1999 in the official gazette of Castilla y León, No. 48, p. 2,532 (text).
The flag is described as follows:
Flag: Quadrangular flag, with proportions 1:1, made of a green field with a diagonal yellow stripe running from the upper hoist to the lower fly. The height of the diagonal stripe shall be 1/4 of the flag's hoist.
The coat of arms of Ciadoncha is prescribed by a Decree adopted on 13
November 1997 by the Burgos Provincial Government, signed on 28 November 1997 by thePresident of the Government and published on 15
December 1997 in the official gazette of Castilla y León, No. 240 (text).
The coat of arms is described as follows:
Coat of arms: Vert a bend or three towers gules port and windows azure in chief a crozier argent three bunches of grapes or and argent per fess ensigned with three sickles of the second. The shield surmounted with a Marquis' coronet.
The flag is therefore a simplified banner of the arms, all charges having been removed.
Ivan Sache, 26 April 2011mailme.html