This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

San Isidro Parish (Manabi, Ecuador)

Last modified: 2015-01-23 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: manabi | sucre | san isidro |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

image by Ivan Sache, 13 January 2015

See also:


The parish of San Isidro (12,384 inhabitants, 27,954 ha) is part of Sucre canton (Manabí province). Its territory is separated from the rest of Manabí by the San Vicente canton.
San Isidro was first settled in the 1860s by Gregorio and Aniceto Sismo, two brothers of Peruvian origin. The first mass was celebrated in 1918, while the parish of San Isidro was established on 15 May 1928. In the 1950s, San Isidro was a main exporter of bananas and coffee.
San Isidro was the site of a main ceremonial center of the Jama Coaque culture. Excavations have yielded more than 7,000 artefacts kept in different museums of Ecuador.
Ivan Sache, 13 January 2015

The Flag

The flag of San Isidro is horizontally divided white-green.
Source: - Parish website
Ivan Sache, 13 January 2015