This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Salinas Parish (Guaranda Canton, Bolivar province, Ecuador)

Last modified: 2015-01-23 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: bolivar | guaranda | salinas |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

image by Ivan Sache, 04 January 2015

See also:


The rural parish of Salinas (5,821 inhabitants, 44,510 ha) is located in the center of Guaranda Canton (Bolívar Province), 30 km north of the town of Guaranda. The parish is made of 31 communities, but most of its inhabitants of the parish live in the capital
Salinas was established as a civil parish in 1884. The parish was named for salterns ('salinas') once exploited by the Tombelas Indians, who appear to have lived in natural caves of the cliffs lining river Tiagua. The salterns, the caves and the preserved natural environment have made of Salinas a noted tourist's spot, welcoming every year some 10,000 visitors.
Ivan Sache, 04 January 2015

The Flag

The flag of Salinas is white with a blue cross offset to the hoist and a row of five green stars in the upper right quarter.
Source: - Parish website
Ivan Sache, 04 January 2015